Our 2015 RutgersX – Accelerating Food Entrepreneurs Conference was held at the Rutgers University College Avenue Student Center located at 126 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901. Driving directions can be found by clicking here.
The Rutgers Student Center in New Brunswick, NJ is only a 5-10 minute walk from the New Brunswick train station. NJ Transit services the New Brunswick train station and their schedule can be found at http://njtransit.com/.
FROM THE NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE (NORTH OR SOUTH)
- Take Exit 9 and bear right out of the toll booth. Follow signs for "Route 18 North - New Brunswick."
- Merge left onto Route 18 North, then go straight at the light (Paulus Blvd.). Rt. 18 will soon split: the left lanes say "18 North - Piscataway" and the right lanes say "New Brunswick Exits." EITHER fork will take you to the following exit. Take the exit for "George St. - College Ave. Campus."
- Turn left onto George Street.
- Make the first right onto Seminary Place.
- At the stop sign turn right onto College Avenue.
- The Rutgers Student Center is on the fourth block on the left.
- Parking is located behind the building. Make a left on Bartlett and a right into lot #26 or a right onto Senior Street and a right into lot #30. If you pass the Rutgers Student Center, make the first left onto Senior Street, the next left onto Sicard Street, and a left into lot #30.
- Additional parking: from College Avenue, proceed past the Rutgers Student Center and Brower Commons and turn right onto Huntington Street. Turn right onto George Street and make an immediate right into the parking deck.
Please note: The College Avenue entrance to the parking deck adjacent to Brower Commons is permanently closed.
FROM ROUTE 1
- Turn off at "Route 18 North - New Brunswick."
- Follow directions from the NJ Turnpike.
FROM ROUTE 287
- Take Exit 10 for "527/Easton Ave./So. Bound Brook/New Brunswick."
- Bear right onto Route 527 (Easton Avenue) for about 4 miles.
- Across from St. Peter's Medical Center, turn left onto Senior Street.
- To access the parking lots behind the Rutgers Student Center, make the second right onto Sicard Street and a left into lot #30 or proceed past it, make a left on Bartlett St and a left into lot #26.
- If dropping someone off at the Rutgers Student Center, make the third right off Senior Street onto College Avenue and the building will be on your right.
- To enter the parking deck, proceed down Senior Street and cross College Avenue.
FROM GARDEN STATE PARKWAY (NORTH OR SOUTH)
Southbound - Coming from northern New Jersey
- Take Exit 129 for the NJ Turnpike and head south.
- Follow directions to campus from Route 18 North, below.
Northbound - Coming from southern New Jersey
- Take Exit 105 and follow signs for Route 18 North.
- After approx. 24 miles, pass the entrance for the NJ Turnpike and continue on Route 18 North.
- Expect volume delays on Route 18 in East Brunswick and New Brunswick.
- Follow instructions to campus from the second bullet in the NJ Turnpike directions, above.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- Take a NJ Transit train (Northeast Corridor line) to New Brunswick. (http://www.njtransit.com)
- Exit the train station at the southern end onto Easton Avenue and turn right.
- Proceed to the light and turn right onto Somerset Street.
- Go one block and turn left onto College Avenue.
- The Rutgers Student Center is on the fifth block on your left.
- Walking time is approximately 15 minutes (taxis available - inquire in the train station).
Rutgers Student Center: If driving north on College Avenue, make a left on Bartlett and a right into lot #26 or a right onto Senior Street and a right into lot #30. Alternately, if you pass the Rutgers Student Center, make the first left onto Senior Street, the next left onto Sicard Street, and a left into lot #30.
If further directions are needed the phone number for the College Avenue Student Center is (848) 932–7724.